Version 0.6 of OpenMolar1 close to being production ready.
posted by Neil Wallace
- 20 Jun 2014, 10:32 p.m.
Many folks have tried openmolar1, and found it to be an impressive application.
Serious users, and potential adopters, however, have hit a wall when trying to customise the application.
Hopefully version 0.6 should remove most of these obstacles.
New with this version.
- The database installed is devoid of all irrelevent data, such as example clinicians, appointments etc.
- The application is now aware when connected to a database of this type, and will enable features which help the
user become familiar with the basic functionality.
"Finding" a patient, for example, in a database with only 5 patients is a different matter to doing so in a database where there are 26,000 patients! In the former case, a name search even for a common name such as "John Smith" will be unlikely to match, so a user could waste half an hour trying to find a valid record. If the application notes less than 5 patients in the system, they are ALL offered at every unsuccessful search.
- Removal of all references to the author's own practice in the codebase
- Removal of legacy functionality, that would confuse a new user.
- Multiple minor bug fixes, see
closed issues for details